Old Loughtonians Masonic Lodge 7311
In 1953 a number of members thought it would be desirable to form a Masonic Lodge and on the 29th January 1954 the Lodge was formed and consecrated, the prime mover being Frank Hyde, a city accountant whose firm had a close connection with the Loughton Masonic Hall.
The first Master of the Lodge was Alfred Glasse and he has been followed by a succession of Masters each of whom are normally installed annually in February. The Lodge has a excellent Charity record and is well thought of in the province of Essex. Some years ago it acted a Mother Lodge at the formation of the Old Buckwellians Lodge.