It is thought that Loughton School started life around 1876 under the name of St. John’s College, at a little house in the High Road, corner of Upper Park Road,Loughton. Unlike many private schools it was specially built for its purpose. The…
This Video was taken by Chris Plant and his nephew Phillip Plant (Terry Plants son) as work was taking place demolishing the school building.
We are grateful to Guy Dixon for researching and documenting the 100 year history of Loughton School between1889 and 1989.